Requirements for considerations are as follows:
Applicants must be a member of Montana Snowmobile Association (MSA) and have been accepted to an accredited post-secondary academic or vocational/technical school. Students with non-traditional education, individuals returning to the work force and continuing students are encouraged to apply.
He or She will submit an essay for judging. The essay topic will differ each year. The essay topic will be determined by the WESTERN CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE. MSA’s Scholarship Winner’s Essay will be eligible to compete for the WESTERN CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP.
2020 ESSAY TOPIC:
Essays will be judged on depth of content, clarity, organization and persuasiveness.
Essay Topic: Partnerships are a must in the snowmobile world! The more partners
we have in our industry, the more successful we will be in every challenge we are
faced with. Cooperative partnerships can be made at a Local, State, Provincial or even
at a National level. It is better to have partners then opponents.
Essay Challenge: In your own words:
1. Why are partnerships so important to your Association/Federation?
2. Who are some of your current partners of your Association/Federation?
3. How are those partnerships working for your Association/Federation?
4. Can you share with us your thoughts of how and where we can go to find and develop new partnerships to further the cause of snowmobiling?
For more information contact Mary Herzog email@example.com
WESTERN CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Western Chapter of Snowmobile Associations Inc. will again be offering a scholarship to either a graduating high school senior or a person currently enrolled in college. This will be a $2,000 grant and will be given to the winner regardless of other grants or scholarships that the student may also receive. Essays will be judged on depth of content, clarity, organization and persuasiveness.
Requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be a member of a snowmobile association/federation that is also a member of the Western Chapter of Snowmobile Associations Inc.
- The applicant must submit the completed application form.
- The applicant must submit a resume detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling as well as extra-curricular activities.
- The applicant must include an essay (subject on the application form). The essay should be a minimum of 2 pages double-space and typed. Keep in mind that a well-researched, comprehensive essay will undoubtedly be significantly longer and we certainly encourage that.
- The application must be received by the Association/Federation by March 17, 2020.
The winner of the Western Chapter Scholarship will be announced at the International Snowmobile Congress in June.
The funding for this scholarship comes from the financial support of the Member Associations and donations received throughout the year. This scholarship is available to both the United States and the Canadian snowmobilers involved in Associations/Federation who are members in good standing with the Western Chapter of Snowmobile Associations Inc.
An alternate will be picked if the winner should decide not to enroll in college.